Tex’s Tackle Celebrates 25 Year Milestone and Biggest Sale
There’s many ways to tell when summer is nearly here. It can be the warmer weather or maybe the increasing green of the landscape. The coming of summer can also be seen in the fishing and how it starts to get better as the warmer weather brings the fish closer to shore and more active. Another way to tell that summer is nearly here is the arrival of the Wilmington, North Carolina’s “Tex’s Tackle Summer Kickoff Sale.” This event is the saltwater fishing equal to “Gentlemen Start Your Engines” is to the World 600 NASCAR race. This year’s event represents an additional milestone. It’s the 25th Anniversary of Tex’s Tackle. With that in mind the Cape Fear area tackle shop is planning a weekend far beyond those of previous “Summer Kick Offs”. This year’s extravaganza will take place on May 4-6 with sales and promotions as well as a number of special happenings.
Over the years, Tex’s Tackle has become an important part of saltwater fishing along the Cape Fear Coast. It started in a small location just a few blocks from the current location. While small, the initial shop was filled from floor to ceiling with tackle and apparel. As Tex’s following continued to grow the small store was bursting at the seams and demanded a larger location which was found just around the corner form the original Eastwood Road location in Wilmington, NC. Since then, Tex’s Tackle has had to add additional staff to accommodate the customer base. Some of the shop’s staff have moved on to become tackle sales representatives for well known fishing tackle manufacturers giving thanks to the skills they acquired while at Tex’s Tackle.
This year’s Summer Kickoff will enjoy a number of additional activities compared to previous years such as:
- Fishing knot demonstrations on Saturday, May 5th with Captain Amanda King of Second Wind Charters.
- FREE knife sharpening (limited to two knives per customer) by Cape Fear Knife Sharpening also on Saturday.
- BBQ sandwiches for all the guests on Saturday between 11:30 am till 2:00 pm courtesy of Coastal Carolina Fisherman online Magazine.
- Free mini-subs courtesy of Jimmy John’s on Friday noon to 2:00 or while they last.
And to make the event even more of a celebration, Tex and his staff have increased the number of promotions for the 25th anniversary special occasion in order to show their appreciation to their customers for the success and support of the past 25 years.
- Receive a FREE Fenwick HMG Spinning Rod ($100 Value) when you buy a PENN Conflict II Spinning Reel – Packages start at $149.95
- FREE SpiderWire Braid with PENN Combo or Reel purchases of over $99.95
- PENN Battle II Combos – 20% OFF
- PENN Fierce II Combos – 20% OFF
- Spend $199 on PENN Products – Receive a FREE Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker or DryCase Backpack – $100 Value
- FREE SpiderWire Braid with the purchase of any PENN International Reel
- All Berkley Monofilament Spooled for .01/yard