“Trash Man” Takes The Win In Charleston’s Carolina Billfish Classic
“Trash Man” has won the 25th Anniversary Carolina Billfish Classic! The Savannah, Georgia based crew released four Blue Marlin on Saturday, clinching the overall win of the 3 day event. The captain and crew released 4 Blue Marlin. The tournament was somewhat hampered by poor weather conditions on the first 2 days, leaving the last day (Saturday) as the only active fishing day of competition.
The 2nd place for the for the Billfish category was taken by “Viking 64” with Captain Sean Dooley and crew with, 1 Bluefish release and 7 Sailfish releases. The 3rd place Billfish Boat goes to Captain Rob Constantineu and crew of “Double G” with 1 release Blue Marlin and 4 Sailfish.
Other Winners Include
- Other winners include the Top Tuna team with Captain Bryant Stuart and Angler, Jennifer Mangum on “Reel Steel”, with a 23.9 pound Tuna.
- The Top Dolphin win went to “Legal Holiday” and Captain Lawrence Bradham and Angler, Fred Bergen with a 38.0 pound fish.
- The Top Wahoo winner goes to the “Callisto” with Captain Steve Crammer and Angler, Roman Paluso with a 43.7 pound Wahoo.
- The Lady Angler winner went to Holly Mcalhany with 2 release Sailfish.
- Bull Adams on the boat, Voodoo Child was the Youth Angler winner, with 1 released Blue Marlin and 1 Sailfish.